Random Sci-Fi, Nerdy stuff, Reviews, Gossip, Bullshit, and outright lies.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Turns out they Didn't Cancel "The Incredible Hulk"


I remember reading a while back that when Jeph Loeb took over writing for the Hulk they canceled the Series called "the Incredible Hulk" and just renamed it "Hulk." Well I just had an eye opener. Not only is that series still alive it's got my favorite Hulk Writer Greg Pak. I am totally kicking myself for not noticing sooner, I really need to spend more time hanging out at the local Comic Book shop called Legacy Comics. This gives me hope for the future of the character, I still dislike Jeph Loeb's work with the Red Hulk, I like what could have been, but so far I'm less than impressed, no that's not true i'm disappointed. I think that he is so focused on the future story arcs "War of the Hulks" or the "Hulk Wars" or whatever he's going to call it he's clearly not paying attention to what he's writing in the here and now, because it's crap. All the BS about dragging out the secrecy about who the Red Hulk is has killed my interest in the story arc, it's just been dragged on and on for too damned long.

As for where the story line stands now, Jeph Loeb killed the Hulk, the Red Hulk as it turns out is not actually a "brick" He's a drainer but being a big red hulk looking brick is a nice side effect of his primary ability. He drained the Gamma lout of Banner effectively killing the Hulk. So that's where that's at. Man it's frustrating, Red Hulk is such an awesome villain but I just find his current story arcs more irritating than enjoyable.

So now Greg Pak has picked up a few of the pieces of Jeph Loeb's Mess and ran with it. And it's freaking awesome! He's basically turned it into a story of Banner and his son Skaar the son of the Hulk from Planet Hulk. So in this one Banner is now kind of the sidekick/trainer instead of the usual trying to cure himself stuff. I like where this series is going, but I don't think it'll last I think that boob Loeb has more pull with the management at Marvel than Pak.

That said I think Loeb has got some awesome creative ideas, like the Red Hulk, he's a fantastic idea for a villain but Loeb shouldn't have the reigns of implementing/writing the series. That series has absolutely killed the fun of it for me but it had awesome potential.

No comments:

WAKE UP PEOPLE: The New World Order is here

This pretty clearly explains the Democrats failure to get their agenda done. They're not actually in power.

My Hulk Playlist

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The system of banking we have both equally and ever reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction. I sincerely believe, with you...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States] have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the Federal government their power of borrowing (from privately-owned corporate banks)."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We are undone, my dear sir, if legislation is still permitted which makes our money, much or little, real or imaginary, as the moneyed interests shall choose to make it."
- Thomas Jefferson


Makes one wonder witch party he'd support? Neither

Bio

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Online handle has been Breetai since '88