Random Sci-Fi, Nerdy stuff, Reviews, Gossip, Bullshit, and outright lies.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The future of Internet security....


There isn't any, all thanks to the new Evil Empire Google. Don't put anything you don't want copied and handed out to everyone on the Internet. It's as simple as that, money transactions, On-line Banking, Shopping, personal information and all that stuff as much I love the convenience of them and the broadened enterprises it's created I really do believe they need to be removed from the On-line universe unless the Internet undergoes a fundamental restructuring soon. See here's why, Google's new web browser chrome is a nice and solid product. At first I liked what I was seeing in Google's chrome it was Fast, Looked Slick, and was well packaged. Then I discovered something that's on it's own is really not that big a deal. The OmniBox that you enter your data into is a live key logger.

Here's Ina Fried's Blog pointing it out.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031661-56.html

What they're doing is meh no big deal, it's not that much different than what they record whenever you do a Google search. Then it hit me, wait a minute my security suite is not picking up a live keylogger? Let me repeat my last statement because it's crucial to what I'm saying and people tend to gloss over it because what the Information that google is recording is trvial. My Security Suites are not picking up a live Keylogger. I use Norton at the office and NOD32 at home and use Superantispyware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes for antispyware. None of witch batted an eye and allowed chrome's logging my key strokes and sending that data out over the Internet. I have read lots of reports that Kaspersky was identifying chrome as malware but it was for a totally different reason and has since been taken off the malware list. So are security companies not bothering with keyloggers anymore? This makes no sense to me. "Common Sense" says any software that logs keystrokes and transmits that data on-line needs to be stopped, it doesn't matter if THAT data is beguine, it's the act that matters. It reminds me of fucking the Financial meltdown, a keylogger is an accepted application? Are you shitting me?! It doesn't matter why Google put it there, do you really think the bad guys won't find a way to exploit it and log ALL of your keystrokes with it? Or just emulate why security software is ignoring it?

My god people are stupid. This is going to end with a security disaster as large as the financial meltdown we just had and frankly mirrors it in a lot of ways because people in general are looking at what I'm saying going aww hell no that'll never happen in a million years. Never-mind this is not an issue of something fancy, it's about ignoring the bare bones basics of security. Just like the fiscal meltdown was about ignoring the bare bones basics of Banking, lending, and trading, this attitude of ignoring the basics can only end badly on a huge scale.

When I it happens just remember even if you remove your on-line profile. YOUR BANK HAS YOUR MONEY THERE! Unless you have all your money in cash stuffed in your mattress, you'll be feeling it.

I'm pretty convinced now that Chrome's Keylogger was designed simply to push the envelope to see what Google can get away with and see what the public will accept in terms of corporate in your face spyware. I don't get why people are so stupid and choose to ignore the obvious.

I may be wearing a tinfoil hat but when I happens all I can say is FUCK YOU I TOLD YA SO!

EDIT: Aww Fuck just thought of something... Kinda Scary er I dunno. Okay so I mentioned how the could explode as big as the financial meltdown... How can we really know for sure that it didn't? and it's all just been papered over so the sheep don't panic.

No comments:

WAKE UP PEOPLE: The New World Order is here

This pretty clearly explains the Democrats failure to get their agenda done. They're not actually in power.

My Hulk Playlist

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The system of banking we have both equally and ever reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction. I sincerely believe, with you...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States] have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the Federal government their power of borrowing (from privately-owned corporate banks)."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We are undone, my dear sir, if legislation is still permitted which makes our money, much or little, real or imaginary, as the moneyed interests shall choose to make it."
- Thomas Jefferson


Makes one wonder witch party he'd support? Neither

Bio

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Online handle has been Breetai since '88