Random Sci-Fi, Nerdy stuff, Reviews, Gossip, Bullshit, and outright lies.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Last Day of Screamfest 2009

EDIT: Found the Perfect Mascots for when I review stuff.



Went to a movie event with a friend last night at the Manns Chinese theater at Hollywood and Highland last night. That was loads of fun. We didn't see all the movies just the ones we thought we'd like, they were a lot better than I was expecting.

The First movie was called "Mutant Swinger from Mars." and Oh yes it was B movie and the title is exactly what the movie was about. But obviously a B movie on purpose. Lets just say if they had a limited budget they spent nothing on effects and the rest on the script and the script made fun of that. This movie was clearly made by a guy with my sense of humor for his buddies to laugh at. This movie was an A+ fun time for me.

The Next Movie was a foreign film called "Before the Fall" or "3 Dias." This was my favorite movie of the 3 and The Writer/Director answered a bunch of questions for the professional bloggers in the crowd (don't even think of me as one of them) and he pointed out the fact that this was a very difficult movie to sell because you really can't categorize it. I disagree with him this is a drama it's not like there are any spaceships or hobbits. It is about a man in south America lives with his mother then one day the US Government is on every TV channel telling the world that for the past three years they and others have been trying to stop an asteroid five times the size of the one that wiped out the dinosaurs, but they've failed and we have 3 days until it hits the Earth and destroys the human race. RANT*Had the movie dealt with the missions to stop the asteroid, okay I can see calling that SciFi. Calling this movie a SciFi feels like you could have a soap opera and introduce one character who's an astronaut never actually deal with his job but suddenly Hollywood calls it's a fucking SciFi show, I just don't get what's with Hollywood's view of SciFi. I guess I just get annoyed by that. END RANT* Anyway There's a few scenes in this involving kids that had some governments up in arms but I think the only reason it was an issue is that movie was so well done. That said those scenes were tough to watch.

The Last movie was called "The 4th Kind" it's sort of a Blair Witch style alien abduction movie. This is easily my favorite Alien Abduction movie the problem is that's not saying much. It's well done and is easily the best of the abduction movies I've ever seen. I don't know why but alien abduction movies tend to come across as less believable than any other scifi genre even to SciFi junkies like myself.

I think I'll have to try this again next year.

No comments:

WAKE UP PEOPLE: The New World Order is here

This pretty clearly explains the Democrats failure to get their agenda done. They're not actually in power.

My Hulk Playlist

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The system of banking we have both equally and ever reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction. I sincerely believe, with you...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States] have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the Federal government their power of borrowing (from privately-owned corporate banks)."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We are undone, my dear sir, if legislation is still permitted which makes our money, much or little, real or imaginary, as the moneyed interests shall choose to make it."
- Thomas Jefferson


Makes one wonder witch party he'd support? Neither

Bio

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Online handle has been Breetai since '88