Random Sci-Fi, Nerdy stuff, Reviews, Gossip, Bullshit, and outright lies.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Champions Online... You have failed me for the last time...

Well got back home at my place today and after doing a little clean up around the house n stuff I got online to get some gaming in. Logged onto to Champions Online and hit an error. meh saw the error last week and didn't give it much mind because the game is new, there's bound to be hick ups. Did some more digging and discovered that I didn't actually buy the retail version of the game with the package I bought and can't play it. I double checked all my stuff and looked at the lifetime subscription I bought from Cryptic and sure enough it includes a download of the game. Well that's some slick bait and switch, include a download of the game, just not the retail version and don't tell the customer. So after getting a bunch of snotty comments about it on the Champions Online forum boards I've decided to cut my losses and get my money back. I'll probably have to get belligerent with Cryptic to get my money but I've gotten used to that.

EDIT: It works out for the best anyway, I really wasn't enjoying the game at all. I didn't get to any end game content or anything so I'm not sure how really that bad it was in the end, but the poor mechanics and lack of social tools made the game noticeably bad enough that it got in the way of me enjoying the game and since the ride there is more important than the destination, that's not good. If just one of those were a serious problem instead of both I would probably still be on board. The creative effort that went into the game was great, Oh well. Incorporating some of the elements of the hero system would have fixed most of the game mechanic issues I ran across but that's pretty common with a lot of level based games.

No comments:

WAKE UP PEOPLE: The New World Order is here

This pretty clearly explains the Democrats failure to get their agenda done. They're not actually in power.

My Hulk Playlist

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The system of banking we have both equally and ever reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction. I sincerely believe, with you...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States] have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the Federal government their power of borrowing (from privately-owned corporate banks)."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We are undone, my dear sir, if legislation is still permitted which makes our money, much or little, real or imaginary, as the moneyed interests shall choose to make it."
- Thomas Jefferson


Makes one wonder witch party he'd support? Neither

Bio

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Online handle has been Breetai since '88