Random Sci-Fi, Nerdy stuff, Reviews, Gossip, Bullshit, and outright lies.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dungeons and Dragons

Been having a helluva time with my gaming group lately. Unfortunately I've been having a hard time making it to our weekly games. A few weeks ago I thought the game was canceled but I got that mixed with last week so I missed the scheduled game off and on. Then today I had to go into work, I can't catch a break.

I've got a character that I built to be quite the min/maxed monster. Lomak is now at a 15 ECL Goliath he's still primarily a damage dealing raging barbarian but with only 1 level of barbarian. I went with the hellreaver PrC because it's primary ability is the Holy Frenzy which has a nice holy barbarian flavor too it. But I underestimated just how powerful it is. It's abilities are all supernatural so they can be used while raging, in fact it's arguably a near broken class really pushing the limit especially the way I put it together it's just grossly powerful. I didn't expect it to be THIS powerful when I was doing it. My DM nerfed one of it's abilities which I really don't see a problem with seeing as how it is similar but superior to an ability of another well established holy class. That ability was only a supplement to the rest.

Still this is my first 15th level character in 3rd edition (or 3.5) and despite the fact that there is a lot of min/maxing the character is well rounded in combat but is capable of more damage than anything I've ever heard of. In his opening volley as a 15ECL he did well over 200 points of damage to a fiendish T-Rex in ONE ROUND! I've heard of crits on boards like that but the thing about this attack... there were no crits! just a straight up large amount of damage from a full power attack and 4 attacks due to haste. The amazing thing is he's well over +20 to hit with a full power attack. I know it's impressive to me but maybe not other's, this is the first 15th level 3rd edition character I've played. So I'm kinda left feeling is this broken or not?

Still it's frustrating that I feel min/maxing is required to play a character long enough to establish him. I had another character that was pure flavor but was feeblely min/maxed for combat, but now that I think about it he was min/maxed for flavor if you take my meaning. I think I had more fun with that rouge/wizard than any since my old group with my ranger who latest 8 years in a 2nd edition campaign which was a VERY long time for a character to survive. The rouge/wizard never died but the team broke up and the group fractured because of one player who seemed to enjoy causing problems. Still it was kind of nice retiring a character whom the DM would use later to be lord of the last metropolitan cities of his lands. The PC was perfect for the part of the lord who hires future low level adventurers to kick start new campaigns.

No comments:

WAKE UP PEOPLE: The New World Order is here

This pretty clearly explains the Democrats failure to get their agenda done. They're not actually in power.

My Hulk Playlist

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The system of banking we have both equally and ever reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction. I sincerely believe, with you...that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States] have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution. They are not among the powers specially enumerated."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the Federal government their power of borrowing (from privately-owned corporate banks)."
- Thomas Jefferson

"We are undone, my dear sir, if legislation is still permitted which makes our money, much or little, real or imaginary, as the moneyed interests shall choose to make it."
- Thomas Jefferson


Makes one wonder witch party he'd support? Neither

Bio

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Online handle has been Breetai since '88